Yellow Sapphire / Guru / Pukhraj / Pushparaj
Yellow Sapphire (also known as 'Pukhraj' in Hindi) is a pale yellow to Golden Yellow colored precious gemstone known for its innumerable astrological benefits.It is also known as "kanaka pusharaga stone" in Sanskrit.
Who should be wearing a Yellow Sapphire?
Yellow Sapphire is the birthstone for the people having Sagittarius sunsign (22 Nov - 21 Dec). As per Indian vedic astrology, Pukhraj gemstone is considered to be the rashi ratna for Sagittarius and Pisces. Yellow Sapphire stone strengthens the powers of Jupiter in ones horoscope charts (Brihaspati) and brings its wearer good wealth, high wisdom, pious spirituality and sound health. Ascendants of Aries, Cancer, Leo and Scorpio can also wear a Yellow Sapphire as it is a gem for knowledge & guidence.
Which Yellow Sapphire stone should one buy?
There are two basic important points to be considered while buying any astrological gemstone.
1. The gemstone has to be of Natural Origin &
2. Unused Gemstone ( Not used / trialed or worn by anyone else before you wear it )
Choose as per your budget, For Astrological purpose, Ceylon Yellow Sapphires (Sri Lankan) are considered to be the best Yellow Sapphires.
- Pukhraj stone should ideally weigh at least 1/12th in carats of your body weight. (60 kg body weight = 5 carat stone)
- The stone should preferably have high clarity, mid to deep yellow color and no chemical or heat treatments.
- For Astrological purpose, Ceylon Yellow Sapphires (Sri Lankan)